• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

I lost 6% body fat in 2 months, is that good?

crunchymilk

Bluelighter
I'm not sure what's good but is that good? I'm at 17% bf right now at 163lbs 5'7 height

im at 16%..ahh haa lol.... but is that the first 2 months you started? whats your diet? i can shed 4% in a month if i can stay away from smokin munchie makin weed :p i was at 11 in the summer but i got sick of slow gains in lean muscle. ive done many different methods to burning fat and i found 1 that bworks without losin much hard earned muscle

Yea first 2 months, I eat 6 meals a day on average and I try to include complex carbs/protein/sometimes fat but not all the time like peanut butter.

I work out average probably 3-4 times a week mainly focusing on cardio/core.

Is my progress ok so far?

i think your doing fine...in the start you do normaly lose a little faster just remember to adjust you calorie intake as you lose weight if you want to keep the pace. I found for me 120-160 grams of carbs workin out 4 times per week with a couple 45 min cardio sessions keeps my body from feeding on muscle and sheds fat....i just wish it would happen over night lol p.s. and protein around 50 grams over body weight helps me

from what i remember back in high school a wrestling buddy of mine told me the they pinched your skin with a clamp thing and measured the width in a bunch of different places and then averaged them together. something like that.

but that doesnt sound very accurate. i would like to know my body fat %

I'm thinking it's just a guess. There's different kinds of fat... subcutaneous and visceral. If they just pinch the subcutaneous fat in a few places, that isn't exactly an exact measure of fat. And it's in no way measuring any muscle.

It's a small device that you grip with your hands in front of you. I don't know how it works but that's how I found out my bf.

that BF% device is not the way to go. it sends an electrical impulse and measures resistance i think. what i do know is if your taking creatine it reads higher from a little xra water. i have a scale that does this and its off. doing the caliper test where you pinch some fat in areas is one way but still not perfect. accuracy of these estimates is more dependent on a person's unique body fat distribution than on the number of sites measured. but if you use it as your only test it can help you to see what % you lost

There are several ways to calculate BF%. There is the water-displacement method, or the caliper method. Both are accepted as fairly accurate.